Friday, January 23, 2009

Adieu to Kumbhakonam

Gurugalu, in their conversation, many times spoke about the beauty of the banks of Tungabhadra river, the pleasant atmosphere in the surroundings etc. Especially they praised the spiritual aura that covered the banks of Tungabhadra river. 

Gurugalu made a lot of modifications in the administration. The lands and properties that existed in far off places were handed over to the peetams nearby. Also the responsibility of Sri Vijayeendra Theertharu's Brindavana in the garden was handed over to a well-versed brahmin. Gurugalu lessened their responsibilities and this lead to a confusion among many of the staff members. 

Apart from responsibilities, Gurugalu stopped attending concerts that took place in the Mutt. They spent more time in meditation. Once, while in a spiritual discourse, Gurugalu happened to reveal that they were leaving Kumbhakonam very soon. The students and other staff were shocked at this statement. Tears rolled down the cheeks of few students. Some remembered their mistakes. But Gurugalu confirmed that none had committed any mistake that lead to take this decision. 

Gurugalu said that they were in search of a pleasant and peaceful place where they could spend the rest of their life in meditation. For a week, every one in Kumbhakonam seemed dull, learning the fact that no more could they see their Kalpavriksha in their town. And the last day was not too far. Gurugalu performed Sri Moola Rama Swamy puja for the last time in Kumbhakonam and the entire town came to view it for the last time. 

The next morning Gurugalu, along with the staff and students, set in the North direction from Kumbhakonam. They were travelling towards Mysore. This time there were very few halts for a short period of time. Most of the time Gurugalu travelled silently. The staff and students spent time in narrating stories and miracles.  But daily Sri Moola Rama Swamy puja was performed briefly either on the banks of a river or in some forest. 

Gurugalu were travelling to Chitradurga from Mysore, crossing Sri Rangapatnam and Belur. Many of them who accompanied Gurugalu turned back frustrated, unable to travel more. And few were sent back by Gurugalu themselves. Very few were left who accompanied Gurugalu. As usual Gurugalu were travelling silently. 

Sri Raghavendraya Namaha !!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment